Testimonials

Mr. Brown is a consummate professional planner.  His firm grasp of planning principals and experience as an Associate Zoning Administrator give him vast knowledge and a firm methodology for approaching entitlement problems.  “SATT’s Services Come to You” is a unique opportunity for the public to learn about technical planning and land use issues and their relevance to their everyday lives.  I encourage you to take advantage of these services.

Benjamin Fiss, President at Pacific Zoning, LLC

ben@pacificzoning.com
www.pacificzoning.com

I have been in the business of land planning for 37 years and in that time I have met a lot of  Land developers, homeowners, business owners, I have personally filed a thousand jobs,  I processed most of them to completion. Many of those jobs were beyond important, they were imperative to the welfare of the people involved. This kind of business can break hearts and destroy lives and give you a heart attack if not correctly handled.

Of all the times I had to approach the city for help when it really counted, Nicolas was always there to help with the knowledge, understanding and compassion to help.

I don’t trust to many people in this business and I have never written this kind of letter for anybody.

And I want to say in my personal and professional life, Nicolas is one of the Kindest, caring humans I know. And when it comes to his professional life and business I know he will do the job well. He understands how important this job is to the people that open their lives and bank accounts to the decisions of the local government. Success is not preferable, it is imperative to those that go fourth in their entitlements and I trust Nicolas Brown will not only do it to the best of his abilities , he will do it with success.

Robert J Amond,
Pauline Amond and Associates

Hello Mr. Brown,

I’ve learned that you are opening a business to consult for people struggling through zoning/planning processes. I want all who see the web site you will surely need to know how very much I appreciated your conduct of the public hearing associated with my CUP application. I was amazed by and grateful for your aplomb as my AZA, when faced with highly critical opposition to my grant and maybe my continued existence by three (3) Public Hearing attendees.

When I learned of your retirement I sought your guidance to remove one remaining impediment to my CUP permanence and learned of your one year contractual restriction from paid enterprise as a private consultant. Then the intimidating professional Zoning Administrator who chaired public hearings with an iron fist, a man I had met only during my CUP process, saw fit to prepare all necessary paperwork for me, along with a step by step guide for completion of my project. It became  clear that you not only are a rigorous and critical chair, but a softy who realized this old girl was a wreck about approaching the city after a many year hiatus.

I have not completed the requirements, but thanks to you I no longer fear doing business with the City of LA again, sans professional representation.

You impressed me as a Zoning Administrator for the city and amazed me by your act of kindness. Thank you!

Royan Herman
Peacock Hills Ranch,
https://www.facebook.com/peacockhillranch/

To whom it may concern:

I am very proud to recommend Nick Brown for consulting on real estate development in the City of Los Angeles.  I have known Nick since 2001 after my appointment to the North Valley Area Planning Commission by Mayor James Hahn.  I was very impressed in his professional knowledge, attitude and composure during emotion, sometimes volatile, presentations.  Nick does his homework and has always been fair in his project assessments to all homeowners, neighborhood councils, elected officials, city planning staff and the developer. There are many facets to development and he seeks out various compromise positions of the case.  He is a consummate gentleman and a forthright consultant for real estate development.

Sincerely,

David S. Honda
US Department of Commerce MBDA Agency-Pasadena
Past Chair of the City of Los Angeles North Valley Area Planning Commission and Disabled Access Appeals Commission